PRP - Platelet-Rich Plasma Skin Regeneration Therapy
For more information, please click here to see a video introduction.
What does it do?
Skin rejuvenation treatment, as it utilises your own cells ( from your blood) in the form of platelet-rich plasma to regenerate new skin tissue with even skin colour and smoother texture and collagen to reduce wrinkles.
WHICH SKIN CONCERNS CAN BE TREATED?
Persons between ages 30 -80
Fine lines & wrinkles around the eyes /Skin crepiness on the cheeks, mid face & jawline loss of collagen production/ Fine lines and wrinkles /Loss of volume in the cheeks/ Thinning skin on the neck, arms & back of hands/ Ageing and sun damage of the neck & décolletage
CAN ANYONE HAVE THIS TREATMENT?
Not everyone is suitable. Persons with skin disease (SLE, porphyria, allergies), cancer, chemotherapy, severe metabolic and systemic disorders, and abnormal platelet function (i.e. blood disorders). Anti-coagulation therapy and underlying sepsis excludes the use of PRP.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF FACIAL REJUVENATION WITH PRP?
A blood sample of 10-20 mls is collected from your arm in special sterile tubes and centrifuged to separate the plasma and concentrate the platelets.Using topical local anaesthesia, the platelet rich plasma is then injected into the deep dermis or fat layer of the skin. The bioactive proteins (growth factors) found in the platelets increase collagen , hyaluronic acid & cell renewal improving skin health & appearance.This entire process takes approximately 45 minutes. PRP can be repeated at 4 weeks if required.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
Minimal: Expect minimal swelling, bruising and redness for 12-24 hours. Modest: Some patients may feel faint. A bruise at the venapuncture site may be visible for 2-3 days.
What results should I expect from the treatment?
- Results are visible at 3- 4 weeks as new collagen is produced.
- Skin rejuvenation effects continue to improve for 3 - 6 months. A second treatment may be necessary, according to the degree of skin rejuvenation required and the expectations of the individual. Treatment results will vary with the individual; however most patients will enjoy the skin rejuvenation effects for at least 12 months.
- Cosmeceutical and Light therapies can enhance the results.
- Advanced wrinkling cannot be reversed and a minimal improvement is predictable in persons with alcohol and tobacco abuse.
- Combination therapy is advisable such as Botox, Dermal Fillers, Microdermibrasion, Facial peels and Anti-ageing facials.
- Severe scarring may not respond
- Further plasma treatment is also popular and safe.
A further course of 6 RED Light LED Therapy is recomended to accelerate the skin rejuvenation process of your PRP Treatment.